2002 Mercedes Sprinter 316CDi LWB high roof, single rear wheel 4x4
Unique opportunity to own a special Mercedes Sprinter 4×4 that is now surplus to requirements.
It started out life as a Long Wheel Base high roof panel van (single rear wheel, so 3500kg class). I purchased the van in 2007 and had the van converted to a high-spec minibus (at a cost of €20,000 by Wilkers Automotive) which involved the fitting of panoramic windows, fixed floor (with runners for removeable seating), full interior insulation and panelling, 15 rear passenger seats. Being a hi-roof LWB, this would be an awesome camper conversion project.
Included with the van is the following:-
- It was originally a 311CDi with the 2.2 4 cylinder engine. In 2009, it was changed to a 2.7 5 cylinder engine (ML270) and the ECU remapped accordingly.
- It is fitted with a recently rebuilt high ratio transfer box (ZG1) but included is a recently rebuilt high/low ratio box (ZG3) should the purchaser wish to change the transfer box to avail of low ratio. The wiring and vacuum system for the low ratio transfer is also fitted. There is also a rear difflock.
- It has a 20,000lb electric winch to the front. Dyneema/Kevlar rope fitted, superior to wire.
- It has a sophisticated (Merlin) marine split charge system with a second battery under the second row of seats.
- It has a Viair 380C 200psi air compressor and 6 litre air tank underneath. There is an air outlet adjacent to the passenger seat for air tools/inflators etc. The air tank also powers a powerful diesel train horn.
- JVC USB stereo head unit. Pioneer subwoofer (under second row seats). 3 way speakers in headlining. Roof speakers for rear. Awesome sound!
- 5 spoke alloys with recent BF Goodrich AT tyres
- Whelan 90W Strobes front and rear (front within headlight chamber and rear on roof). Not LEDs, proper strobe tubes.
- Dual rear work lights.
- Anderson 150A (yellow) connectors to front and rear (for jump leads, trailer winch etc)
- Front tow balls for manoeuvring trailers etc.
- 3,000W 240V mains inverter fitted.
- Numerous spare parts.
- ISRI leather heated air suspension seats are an optional extra. These seats are fully adjustable including suspension rate etc. They also have an attached remote with a variety of massage functions. These seats are mounted on a base plate allowing them to be fitted to any 903 series Sprinter.
The van is currently registered in the Republic of Ireland but it was originally on a UK plate (FX02 ***), so can be transferred back onto its original UK registration (with no VAT/Duty due). Its current annual commercial test (CVRT) expired in April during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Included in the sale is the domain sprinter4x4.com and a Mercedes Star dealer diagnostic system on a Panasonic Toughbook laptop
Price: £10,950 (sterling or €12,500) with regular Sprinter front seats (single plus double) or £11,950 (€13,500) with optional ESRI leather heated air suspension massage seats (these seats are over £1,000 sterling each new).